First known as the Vans #36, the Old Skool debuted in 1977 with a unique new addition: a random doodle drawn by founder Paul Van Doren, and originally referred to as the “jazz stripe.” Today, the famous Vans Sidestripe has become the unmistakable—and instantly recognizable—hallmark of the Vans brand. Featuring a timeless flame print against a solid black background, the Flame Old Skool pays homage to Van's heritage while ensuring that this low top, lace-up shoe remains as iconic as ever. It also includes durable suede and canvas uppers, re-enforced toe caps, supportive padded collars, and signature rubber waffle outsoles.
- Low-profile design.
- Suede upper with canvas along the side walls and around the collar draped in flame graphic print.
- Double stitched in high abrasion areas.
- Padded tongue and collar.
- Cushioned footbed for comfort.
- Vulcanized gum rubber outsole.
- Vans waffle tread for grip.
- Vans detailing throughout.